Sunday 2 March 2014

Wedding/Solemnization Witness

Today I was invited to Solemnisation of the partnership i.e. signing the paper which considers you married under the Singaporean laws, therefore in simple words, I was attending a wedding ceremony :)

This one is not the first one I was present, hence I have noticed a pattern and applied the lesson learned.

Some years ago, at the beginning of my first stay in Singapore, I was attending Malay wedding. A lot was new to me that time...customs, food...environment. During the ceremony I noticed a big wedding cake sitting behind the couple. Spotting it I got the sweet tooth :) and decided to stay until the cake slice reaches my plate. But, hours were passing and my patience was vanishing, so after al long waiting I asked other guests...when we shall have a cake? They answered: what cake? I said: that one, behind the couple? They said: oh, that one...no cake my dear...that's the plastic one for decoration only.
Me: |%#{}]+£<€#>%£|!~~<

Therefore, today, when we were taking photos in front of the wedding cake...I knew that I will leave early to have a treat in "High Society" bakery :))

No comments:

Post a Comment